terça-feira, 9 de novembro de 2010

Episódio 3 - Pierre Louis Costes


"When I was younger,I used to be more confident on lefts,I couldn t do consistent backflips on rights and it s a big problem when you compete on the World tour to not be able to do each move both sides,especially back flips because they are a key move to win contests and I beleive I lost many heats because of this weakness,in bodyboarding,there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to do what you want on a wave,it gets even more frustrating when you see your peers making your weakest point looks so easy,you just don t understand why you can t do like them."

"So in order to change my weakness,I had no choice but to surf more rights,just rights actually,that s why when I turn 17,I decided to go to west oz for a long period,there was no better place I could think of to surf rights everydays.During every session,my main focus was to practice back flips,I fucked up many sections for sure but hard work and sacrifices always pays off,3 years later and I can proudly say that my biggest weakness became my strongest ability.
Western Australia was the first place I ve been when I came to Australia the first time in 2004,I remember being so disappointed because I didn t see Ryan Hardy,it was like going to Hawaii and not see Mike Stewart.
Every year now,after Hawaii,I go to WA,I think it s my favorite destination in the world,I had some of the best surfs of my life there,the scariest moments of my life too like seeing sharks for the first time while surfing or hitting the reef with my face at Box.
I say it a lot in my interviews but really,I have no doubt that if today,I am where I am,it s because of my long stays in Hawaii and Australia,I m just happy I made the rights choices at the rights moments and have a family who let me make my own choices and support my decisions.
In this episode,you will see the action that went down in Western Australia last March,I hope you enjoy the video!"
Fonte: Pierrelouiscostes.com

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Por opção editorial, o exercício da liberdade de expressão é permitido, excluindo,todos os comentários anónimos com linguagem inapropriada, considerada abusiva, que serão imediatamente apagados. Nas caixas de comentários abertas ao público disponibilizadas pelo Wave Riders Açores em www.waveridersacores.com. Os textos aí escritos podem, por vezes, ter um conteúdo susceptível de ferir o código moral ou ético de alguns leitores, pelo que o Wave Riders Açores não recomenda a sua leitura a menores ou a pessoas mais sensíveis.

As opiniões, informações, argumentações e linguagem utilizadas pelos comentadores desse espaço não refletem, de algum modo, a linha editorial ou o trabalho do Wave Riders Açores.

O Wave Riders Açores reserva-se o direito de proceder judicialmente ou de fornecer às autoridades informações que permitam a identificação de quem use as caixas de comentários em www.waveridersacores.com para cometer ou incentivar atos considerados criminosos pela Lei Portuguesa, nomeadamente injúrias, difamações, apelo à violência, desrespeito pelos símbolos nacionais, promoção do racismo, xenofobia e homofobia ou quaisquer outros.